The Market Development Team Lead is a hybrid role with both market development and coaching responsibilities. This role will be responsible for outbound prospecting and setting up qualified appointments for our account executive team as well as coaching and guiding the other market development representatives. We’re looking for an efficient communicator who can gain access to key decision makers in order to articulate the company’s value proposition and mentor/coach other new team members.
As a Market Development Representative, you will make outbound calls, send emails, conduct video chats to potential clients who have expressed interest in learning more about AI Foundry or appear to be strong potential customers based upon our general market focus. The Market Development Representative qualifies leads through targeted questions about their business strategy to include informing them about AI Foundry’s offering and ascertains the likelihood of the prospect being a good match for AI Foundry solutions. The goal is to uncover active digital transformation projects, initiatives and RFPs/RFIs for our solutions.
As the Market Development team lead, you will have clearly defined daily activities and will be expected to work with the team to structure their day accordingly to meet or exceed these goals. The ideal candidate will have prior successful sales, market development or account management experience.
Approximately 75% of your time will be spent on market development activities and 25% of time coaching which includes weekly/monthly/quarterly planning with team, lead analysis, reporting along with SF.com and SalesLoft monitoring.
Your Day to Day Job Will Include:
- Lead the follow up process for marketing campaigns, tradeshows and activities to assess potential of partners/markets and identify further opportunities. Monitor and ensure timely and complete follow up; creating post-campaign reports and tracking of KPIs.
- Develops and coaches the market development team.
- Manages the daily activities of market development team; oversees activity.
- Trains the market development team on outbound sales techniques; continually supports and motivates team.
- Conducts weekly 1:1 meetings with Market Development Representatives to track and monitor progress and success and recommend changes as needed.
Market Development Activities:
- Identify important decision makers at prospective companies.
- Set up qualified new business meetings for Account Executives through email outreach, cold-calling, social selling, video chats and incentive campaigns. The goal is to uncover active digital transformation projects, initiatives and RFPs/RFIs for our solutions.
- Conduct high volume prospecting for qualified leads: 60 outbound calls, 30-40 emails, 5-10 LinkedIn Sales Navigator InMail’s and communications and 1 video email/chat per day into defined target accounts.
- Research accounts, identify target personas and communicate targeted messaging.
- Qualify inbound marketing leads in an efficient and timely manner.
- Quickly assess lead value and build relationships with prospects.
- Document, plan and execute daily/weekly/monthly quarterly activity plans and track results.
- Exceed weekly, monthly, quarterly activity and new business quotas.
- Keep ALL activities, notes and material updated in SFDC and SalesLoft.
- Participate in daily marketing morning meetings (15 minutes) to discuss plan of action for the day.
- Detailed weekly 1:1 meetings to discuss lead progress.
- Bring a positive attitude every day.
- Perform all other market development duties as assigned.
Tools to be used:
- Salesloft – communication cadence application
- Vidyard video (via SalesLoft)
- Drift – Real-time marketing conversation application (potential new tool)
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator – Lead research and development tool
- Sendoso (Incentive company)
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of inside sales or sales development or team lead experience, preferably B2B at a software company
- Comfortable and effective in email outreach, video chats, social selling, sales prospecting, cold-calling
- Excellent prospector with the ability to create effective outreach strategies that result in uncovering and identifying active projects, initiatives or RFPs.
- Exceptional level of motivation, self-starter, customer driven focus, time management and project management skills.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed goals
- Excellent relationship-building and communication skills
- Prior experience with a sales CRM is a plus
- Proactive and passionate about making an impact in a growing technology industry
- Punctual, reliable and responsible. This role is expected to be in the office every day.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Highly self-motivated individual with a first in, last out approach to work. Goal driven and highly-organized. A true multitasker.
- You believe in no excuses and have a “find a way to yes” mentality
- 5+ years’ experience in related sales role
- Comfortable building relationships over the phone, via video and email
- Ability to qualify inbound and outbound leads
- Analytical skills in order to overcome objections
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Focused and disciplined approach to anything you do
- Coaching and mentoring is in your blood
- Thrive in team oriented atmosphere
- Sales CRM experience (preferably SFDC)
- Sales tools experience (LinkedIn, Zoom Info, SalesLoft)
- Extensive Microsoft Office tools experience; especially Excel
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business-related field. (not required but highly preferred)
We have an incredible product, a huge addressable market, and great momentum. Now we need to scale and for that, we need a world class Market Development Team Lead.
AI Foundry, a Kodak Alaris business unit, transforms banking and lending operations by integrating information, people and processes to enable increased insight and improved decision-making. Our Actionable Intelligence Management solutions help organizations streamline and automate manual processes, seize new business opportunities and manage compliance, all while driving bottom-line performance.
The Company has an equal opportunity policy.